Friday, April 20, 2012

Monkey Bread Stuffed with Cream Cheese


Warm Gooey Sweet Bread stuffed with Cream Cheese? HELLO! Can I have some NOW! I waited to make this recipe because I just knew it would be AMAZING! And as much as I overload on sugar every single day I knew this would make a large portion and I would end up eating it all. I would happily do it but I am trying to be "healthy" :( 

So a few weeks ago for my birthday I went to Glen Ivy Hot Springs with some of my best friends. There was 10 of us, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make this! I got up early and prepared it before all the girls came over- It smelled amazing in the oven and took all of 10 minutes to prepare. 

Once we dug in we couldn't stop it was so scrumptious! And very nice because you could easily break off a ball or two of dough stuffed with the cream cheese! Cream cheese really does make everything better :) 



Ingredients: 

3/4 Cup Brown Sugar 
3/4 Cup Sugar 
1 TBSP Cinnamon 
1 Cup Butter 
1 8oz Block Cream Cheese 
2 16oz Cans Refrigerated Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits ( I ended up with 4 extra biscuits) 

Directions: 

1. Grease a large Bundt Pan and preheat oven to 350F I sprinkled some extra brown and white sugar onto the bottom of the pan as well :) 
2. Mix together the sugars and cinnamon
3. Cut 20 discs of dough from the biscuits and cut the cream cheese block into 20 squares
4. Wrap each disc around a square of cream cheese then place 10 of the dough/cream cheese balls inside the prepared pan
5. Melt 1 cup of butter and add it to the sugar mixture, Spread half of the mixture over the dough balls 
6 Layer the rest of the dough balls on top and sprinkle the rest of the sugar mixture on top. Bake for 40 minute and enjoy 








Recipe adapted from: pipandebby

No comments:

Post a Comment