Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cookies & Cream Chocolate Bars
































Growing up I have fond memories of spending time next door at my childhood best friend's house eating lots and lots of cookies and cream ice cream. After dinner her dad would always serve up a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream. It was so creamy and delicious. I'm tempted to go buy some right now! Needless to say cookies and cream has always been a favorite in my book ;)


I absolutely love Jenny's recipes from Picky-Palate. She is so creative and the recipes are always so easy its AMAZZZING! Go check her site out if you haven't already. Anyways, the other day I came across this new recipe from her site, Double Cookies & Cream Kisses Cookie Bars. I just about drooled on to my computer as I looked at the pictures. It was then I decided I must drive to Target to find Cookies & Cream Hershey Kisses. Unfortunately the first Target I went to did not have any but the second Target did! YAY! This recipe is easy and scrumptious! 


Try not to eat the whole pan in one sitting! It lasted me a whole half of a day ;) 


Ingredients: 


1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, Softened 
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract 
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda 
1/2 Teaspoon Salt 
1 Cup Mini Chocolate chips 
15 Crushed Oreo's 
25 Cookies & Cream Hershey's Kisses 


Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8X8 baking pan with foil and grease. 
  2. In bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter and granulated and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla. 
  3. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until fully combined. Stir in crushed Oreo's and chocolate chips. 
  4. Press just under half of the dough into prepared pan then line the kisses evenly across pan. Finish by topping with the rest of dough pressed evenly on. 
  5. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Do you like the "health" Spinach Pizza I had after I scarfed down half of the pan of these babies? :) 




Recipe Source: Picky-Palate

No comments:

Post a Comment