Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sopapilla Cheeseake Bars






So I was on this whole healthy kick thing for like 2-3 weeks I was doing HerbaLife shakes in the AM and not stuffing my face/baking constantly. IT WAS HELL! I think deep down I am meant to be a fat rich person. Okay so the rich party might not happen as easily as the fat part, especially if I keep buying butter and sugar at this rate. Everyone always tells me it's going to catch up to me! Well, it hasn't yet ;) 


Anyways I ended that whole healthy phase and baked like a maniac for a good 2 weeks then this week I decided to stop. :( Sad day. So I went to the gym on Monday and ate pretty healthy. Ate healthy today and went on a walk. And then there was about 5 hours where I was doing everything I could to control myself from not baking. And then I find myself here  telling you all about my lack of self control.


Anyways..I have seen these on Pinterest for ages. Everyone seems to have made them. I decided to give em a whirl! I looked at a few recipes and they all were for 9X13 but I wanted to practice some control so I made some in a 8X8 pan! I just made up my own recipe as I went and it was great. But I don't think you can mess it up- you may just be more cinnamony or more sugary. :) 


I ate this right out of the pan when they were still hot. I hate when a recipe says wait until completely cool. UM no that is not physically possible for me. I loved them hot, my mother described them as a warm almost custardy-bread pudding like. They were yum. Then the bars sat in the fridge all night. They were so delicious cold as well. Either way they are amazing and take all of 2 minutes to prepare. 


Ingredients: 


1 8oz Can of Crescent Rolls
1 8oz Package Cream Cheese 
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 TBSP of Vanilla 
1/2 Cup of Butter
1 TSP Cinnamon 
1/3 Cup Sugar 


Directions: 


1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8X8 pan. 
2. Lay out half of the crescent rolls on the bottom of the pan. 
3. In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until well combined. Smooth over the top of the crescent rolls. 
4. Top the cream cheese mixture with rest of the crescent rolls. 
5. In a small bowl melt the butter and then add in the cinnamon and sugar. Pour over top layer of crescent rolls. 
6. Bake for 20-23 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Both are delish! 









No comments:

Post a Comment