Monday, June 11, 2012

Reese's Stuffed Smores Bars



Some of my favorite memories growing up were walking to the local 7-Eleven with my best friend to get a bottle of Sprite and a King Size pack of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. We did this as often as we could. I LOVE Reese's! But I am one of those people who knows the difference between a good/fresh pack of Reese's and a not so good one. Some people think that I am crazy but I swear there is a DIFFERENCE!!! Just like bottled water Arrowhead has its own taste!! It's GROSS! Anyways back to the Reese's they are just so good. I was craving Smore's bars and Reese's so I decided why not combine them? Yes, an amazing idea. I made some and brought them in to work to share. My sister was working and when I told her what I made she just gave me a look like you are crazy!! Who puts Reese's in Smore's Bars?? ME, ME, ME!! 

YOU should too because they are amazing!! :) 

Ingredient's:
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 12 regular size Reese's peanut butter cups 
  • 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
  3. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place peanut butter cups over dough. Spread marshmallow fluff over peanut butter cups. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
  4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.




Recipe adapted from Lovin in the Oven

No comments:

Post a Comment