Saturday, July 14, 2012

My healthy breakfast

Breakfast can be one of my favorite meals of the day. Basically because it can be an overload of sugar. Who doesn't love that? French Toast, Pancakes, Sausage dipped in maple syrup. Well most days I try to make breakfast my most "healthy" meal of the day. I find it easier to keep breakfast healthy then any other meal. Mostly breakfast I am by myself and I haven't had a chance to crave anything so usually I can keep myself to a healthy breakfast. Unless of course the chocolate covered pretzels, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Cookie Dough or anything else for that matter gives me a look in the fridge. Then all hell breaks loose!! :)

My current breakfast meal is Greek yogurt with almonds and fresh berries. I can't seem to get enough! I love that the Greek yogurt is thicker and has more protein. Don't get me wrong I don't do plain Greek yogurt. That is just wrong. I do vanilla and then load it up with whatever fresh berries I have in the fridge. 

At Trader Joe's you can get raw sliced almonds and they are the perfect topping to my yogurt and berries. It gives me the same kind of texture/crunch that granola would but without the added sugar. And everyone always says how great almonds are so its a win win! :)

Ingredients: 

3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt 
1 Handful of Blueberries 
1 Handful of Peaches 
Lots of Almonds 

Directions: 
1. Wash and dry your fruit. Set inside a bowl. pour yogurt over and sprinkle with as many almonds as you desire. Enjoy :) 






1 comment: