Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Biscoff Blondies



If you do not know what Biscoff spread is please google it now and find the nearest place you can purchase it and GO NOW! 

For me it all started with Biscoff cookies. They are amazing little crisp delicious amazing cookies. (Yes, I said amazing twice in one tiny sentence) Imagine cookies crushed up and made into a spread with a peanut butter like texture.Viola BISCOFF SPREAD!!! IT IS FANTASTIC! I first came across this spread at my local Cost Plus World Market. I am so pathetic I could not even wait to get to the car before opening the jar. Sad, I know. I had this feeling that it would be amazing and boy was I right. 
         
Now add Biscoff spread to blondies with chocolate and pecans...let's be honest you had me at Biscoff spread! These blondies are perfect. I probably ate half of the 9X13 pan myself.


Ingredients: 


10 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 1/2 Cups brown sugar 
1 cup Biscoff spread 
2 large eggs 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour 
1 tsp. baking powder 
1 1/4 cup chocolate chunks, chips, mini chips.. etc. 
1 cup of chopped pecans 


Directions: 


1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9X13 pan. 
2. Melt butter and brown sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once butter is just melted and mixture is combined and smooth remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then add Biscoff spread. Cool mixture for 5 more minutes.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. 
4. Add dry ingredients to Biscoff mixture and mix until just combined. 
5. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour batter into greased pan. 
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of pan comes out clean. ENJOY try not to devour all at once! (It will take some willpower) 


Note: Whenever making bars or brownies I take a knife and loosen the edges right after I take the pan out of the oven. 






recipe slightly adapted from: Duchessoffork







No comments:

Post a Comment