Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Banana Bread







So there I was again, an abundance of over ripe banans sitting on the kitchen countertop. Banana bread would be made tomorrow I thought. The banana bread reciepe we use in our family is good, not great, but good. 


I set out to find a recipe with sour cream, because, well sour cream makes everything better. I found one that claimed to be the best and and it did include sour cream. So I went for it. And yes it was amazing. SOOO moist. If something is moist I am in love. Moist baked goods are the best. The moisture level and can make or break a recipe. 


Anyways, Yes I will make this every time I want banana bread. And I do look forward to making a peanut butter version, chocolate version, biscoff.. you get the point. :) Anyways this was a one bowl, five minute kind of recipe so get to it! 




Ingredients: 


1/ 2 Cup of Butter 
1 Cup of White Sugar
2 Eggs
1 TSP Vanilla Extract 
1 1/2 Cups Flour 
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 TSP Salt 
1/2 Cup of Sour Cream 
3 Very Ripe Bananas 


Optional: 
3 TBSP Butter
1/4 Cup White Sugar/Brown Sugar Mixed 


Directions: 


1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan. 
2. Melt butter. In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. 
3. In a bowl mash bananas.  Fold in bananas and sour cream into the bread mixture. 
4. Pour into prepared pan. If you are a fatty like me slice butter thin and place on top of batter sprinkle with sugar.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Let cool. Devour. 






Recipe adapted from: MrsWebersNeighborhood

1 comment:

  1. It was delicious. Especially the crispy layer of sugar on the top and the level of moisture on the inside was heavenly. I don't know if it was the recipe or the chef that made a difference...

    ReplyDelete