Friday, May 11, 2012

Lemon Crinkle Cookies




Taxes are a tedious task! I was trying to file my own taxes but in the end it was too confusing (as a waitress it's a bit trickier)! So on the Sunday before taxes were due I stopped by an accountant I knew and she offered to file them for me and in return asked for some baked goodies with lemon. 

I came across this recipe and it was DIVINE! These cookies are perfect not overly sweet or tart. Beware you may find yourself eating them by the handful, lord knows me and my sister did! Luckily, they make a good size batch so we had plenty for my amazing accountant!! :)


Ingredients: 

1/2 Cup Butter (1 stick) 
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
1 TSP Lemon Zest
1 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 TSP Salt 
1/8 TSP Baking Soda
1/4 TSP Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cups AP Flour
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with Silpat liner. 
2. In bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla extract, egg, lemon zest & juice. Make sure to incorporate it all together. Add flour, baking soda & powder, salt and mix until combined. 
3. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a large teaspoon size of dough into a ball and then roll in powdered sugar. Repeat for all cookies. 
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges of cookies begin to barely brown, cookies will no longer be shiny. Let cool and enjoy! :) 



Recipe source Tasty Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment